Just like Mommy


2 comments

Emma has her ballet class today. She loves to dance. She participated in a little dance camp this summer and loved it so much we decided to sign her up for a weekly one hour class. She just looks so precious in her little leotard and ballet shoes. I love Tuesday evenings because Emma loves to show us the steps she learned that day. She will gracefully skip about the house and her little brother will do his best to follow her. Two weeks ago the parents were invited to watch her class. Dan was able to leave work a little early and so the four of us drove to the studio. Emma was so excited to show us her class. When we got there she realized that all of the other parents were there too and they were all lined up in the front of the room with their cameras. Emma froze. She went and sat on her dot and hid her face behind her knees. All of the girls stood up to do the warm up and Emma sat there hiding. Dan and I didn't know whether we should laugh or cry. She was so cute but we hurt for her. Especially me. I shave been there. I was that little girl too. We pulled her to the side and watched and talked with her. Dan did his best to encourage her but after 30 minutes of encouraging we decided it was time to leave. We went and got some ice cream and did our best to keep building her up. After ice cream, we were driving home and Emma said, "When we get home, daddy you be daddy, mommy you be the ballet teacher, and Kolbe you be the busy brother and we will have dance class." The next day I was telling my dad the story and he shared with me that when I was Emma's age they were so concerned about my shyness that they went to a psychologist to ask questions and make sure I was ok...I think I turned out pretty good...I know Emma will too. :) Today is her first class since that experience. I am crossing my fingers that she will go and have fun!

2 comments

  1. Anonymous

Leave a Reply