Christmas


No comments

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Today is the last day of Dan's vacation. We had 10 wonderful days with Daddy home and I am not ready to let that go! All I can say to sum up the past week, is that I am so blessed and I am so grateful.


The kids got all dressed up for Christmas Mass. Emma was very proud in her pretty dress and was so excited to wear it. At the end of Mass, Emma went and sat in Dan's lap and said to him very seriously, "Daddy, I am prettier than all of the other girls here." How do you respond to that one?! Needless to say, she is a very confidant little girl.

We go the kids in bed around 7:30, Emma fell asleep a little before 10. I think she was just a tad bit excited.



We had a wonderful morning at our house, then headed over to my parents for lunch.
Happy Birthday dear Jesus!





I think these pics pretty much sum up how we all felt at the end of the day:



One thing that we have been trying to do this year is to find fun ways to celebrate the entire 12 days of Christmas. One surprise trip we made was to go visit some dear friends at their new home in Mississippi. We had a wonderful time. Jess was the first friend I made when we moved to Mobile. We would go out shopping to Target with Emma and her oldest, Stephen, and now, well, that isn't so easy to do anymore:

Their second oldest, Abby, is our beautiful goddaughter.


With Stephen now in Kindergarten and Emma in Pre-school, it is hard to find time to visit them. Before our visit to their home, I caught Emma staring at their Christmas card. She said in a sweet, but pathetic voice, "Stephen looks so different. He looks older...he is going away to college and I will never see him again..." Oh the woes of a 4 and a half year old who has spent most of her life hanging out with teenagers. ;)

Ok, my computer battery is almost gone and my baby is crying for my attention..Happy new year!

Leave a Reply